Kit with 7 essential knives for food preparation and cooking
- Type of Knives: Chef’s Knife, Fish Knife, Pesto Knife, Boning Knife, Vegetables Knife, Curved Paring Knife, Straight Paring Knife
- Handle material: Polymethylmethacrylate – Lucite
- Handle Color: Cream White, Black, Red
- Blade type: Forged Blade
- Handle type: Full Tang Handle
- Handle Finish: Polished
- Blade Finish: Frosted Blade
- Blade Material: Stainless Steel X50CrMoV15
- Number of Pieces per Set: 7
Manufacturing Characteristics and Product Description:
– Chef’s knife: large knife used both for cutting all types of meat and for cheeses and vegetables.
– Fish knife: with a very flexible, long and sharp blade, it is used to cut and fillet fish before serving it, avoiding breaking it.
– Pesto knife: with a smooth and heavy blade, it is used to chop, beat and mince vegetables.
– Boning knife: thanks to its very sharp and rigid blade it is used to easily de-bone and clean meat without crumbling it, penetrating deeply into it and detaching it from inedible parts.
– Vegetable cutter: with a stiff and pointed blade, it is used for cutting vegetables.
– Curved paring knife: thanks to its smooth inwardly curved blade it is used to peel and engrave thin-skinned fruit and vegetables.
– Straight paring knife: it is a multi-purpose kitchen knife. It has a smooth blade and a centered tip that is ideal for cutting small things with precision and also for peeling.
Made with full tang blade which is a single piece that crosses the entire length of the handle. The blade surface finish is polished.
The blades are forged. They are made by hot forging process using a mallet (mallet blows break and order the molecules of the steel). The heat treatment also includes undercooling at -80 ° C to ensure maximum cutting capacity and duration. Made with handmade plastic handles. The handles are handmade with a sheet of cold-cast plexiglass (polymethyl methacrylate) that gives them high quality and time resistance.
Each handle is stabilised to permit washing in the dishwasher although hand washing and drying are always preferable to better preserve the quality and time resistance of these knives.
Hand washing and immediate drying are MANDATORY for knives made with wood, horn or other natural materials handles.
N.B. Possible consequences of washing in the dishwasher and tips to keep your knives at their best:
1 The dishwasher up the aging of the objects washed in it
2 The more quality cutting steels are, the less stainless they are.
3 The blades may be stained with small reddish spots or large bluish halos if left to drain or dry in the dishwasher, if left dirty for a long time after use, if the washing water is rich in iron.
4 Do not wash with aggressive detergents or water at temperatures above 60 ° C